Purple Crocus

Today I looked at a stack of flower blocks that I had done over a year ago. I used a technique called “Colourque” to color my drawings.  On this piece I got as far as embroidering around the flower and then I just stopped.  So today, I decided to work on it by adding a piece of polyester batting to the back, pinning the front as shown in the photo. Next, I used Vanish thread in the top of my machine and tan silk thread in my bobbin. I outlined the flower this way and now need to trim away the excess batting. I hope to have another photo tomorrow of how the back looks trimmed to the stitching line. In doing this, I am able to achieve a trapunto effect.

mollykatdesigns

Purple Crocus

View original post

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s