Reblogged this on mollykatdesigns and commented:
Today I looked a stack of flower blocks that I had done over a year ago. I used a technique called “Colourque” to color my drawings. This piece I got as far as embroidering around the flower and then stop. So today, I decided to work on it by adding a piece of polyester batting to the back, pinning the front as showin in the photo. Next, I used Vanish thread in the top of my machine and tan silk thread in my bobbin. I outlined the flower this way and now need to trim away the excess batting. I hope to have another photo tomorrow of how the back looks trimmed to the stitching line. In doing this, I am able to achieve a trapunto effect.
Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:
You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Twitter account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Facebook account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Google+ account. ( Log Out / Change )
Connecting to %s
Notify me of new comments via email.