Today I spent the day turning my rough floral sketches into an actual quilt design. I love Jacobean looking flowers and all types of little curly ques that I can embroider. So, this is the design I came up with so far. I plan on a black flannel background with so that the bright florals will pop. There will be for lack of a better word “swaggy” flowers and berries in each of the corners that I didn’t draw onto my rough sketch. Once the flower, leaves and vase are fused onto the background I will see what type of borders the center needs. Tomorrow the fun begins, color picking the wool for the design. Will post additional photos as this progesses.