Today I spent the morning pressing all the background fabrics for the baskets. I then finished just before lunch cutting the balance of the background squares that I needed. As I cut,I decided to use up the fat quarter of each of the different backgrounds so I cut 1-1/2 inch strips and 3 inch squares. Yesterday I cut more baskets out and from the balance of the red fat quarters I cut 6 inch squares, 3 inch squares and 1-1/2 inch strips. I now have fabrics cut for a log cabin, my half square triangle quilt. Yep, all in red and white (cream).
For my basket quilt I only need 30 more reds to have 300 different basket fabrics. The variety of reds in the baskets will document my 10 year collection of red fabrics. Here’s some pictures of my cutting.
So, I now have a reason to go fabric shopping; a quest for 30 more reds for my quilt.