Today I was able to recount all the red fabrics I pulled out of my stash; I have 300 different ones ready to be made into baskets. I’ve got all but four pieces ironed and 72 fat quarters are ready to be cut. So as I have been cutting pieces for the baskets and handles, I am now also cutting strips 2-1/2″, 2″, 1″ and 1-1/2″. As the fabric pieces allow I am also cutting 6″ squares. After all this cutting I will have fabric ready for all the quilts that are dancing around in my head. Funny part of going through my stash, it hardly made a dent into it. Everything is going into its own container and will be marked.
I am feeling pretty satisfied with my progress and organization of the cut fabrics. This should cut down on the time to make a new quilt substantially. We’ll see how it goes.