A group from our guild got together to each make our own version of a French Braid quilt. We got together for our first meeting, the book was ordered and a road trip to buy fabrics was planned. I had decided to use fabrics from my stash. I had been cutting strips of varying widths from my huge assortment of reds and thought these would be the strips that I would use. Not so fast. Thus week when I was cleaning up my sewing room from all the prior cutting I discovered a forgotten bin of cream to black batiks I had purchased a while ago. These were originally purchased to make a log cabin throw for the living room. The creams and browns were chosen to go with the new cream and taupe slipcovers. New plan, instead of a log cabin throw, it will be a French Braid. Here’s a picture of the fabrics I picked out. The black with brown is for the accent square and outline strip. Just need to decide what fabric to use for starting and ending triangles. I will let these sit a couple of days to be sure I like the color range and then back to cutting more strips.