Work on Peacock Completed

Last night I was able to finish the last portion of the peacock’s tail feathers.  The teadrop applique pieces received multiple stitches in a variety of threads.  Mynewest thread, Dazzle, really makes the piece sparkle.  I think the only other detail I will add to the bottom tail featerzection are some black seed beads on the very edge. 

image

image

image

image

After looking at my thread color choices the piece almost has a Mexican feel to it.  Maybe This bird took a drip down south.
While I  was working with my various threads, I keep getting a jumbled mess when unwrapping the various skeins of perle cotton.  Here is nothing worse than have your thread tied up in a knot, well at least for me.  To solve this problem I went over to Hobby Lobby and found some precut wooden stick figures that had a popsicle like portion.  I cut a notch in each to hold the thread edge and began winding my unruly threads.  The best part of the stick is that I am able to write the thread type, color and SKU for future reference.  Problem solved.  Here’s a picture of my thread wraps.

image

The bag with the jumbled mess of thread was how these were stored before. 
Today, I will work on the flowers, leaves and tree.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s