Progress on the Peacock

Yesterday I was able to complete the last of the flowers and leaves on the piece.  All that is left is embroidery to attach the leaves and flowers to the branch and one set of berries on the right side of the peacock.  The hardest piece was the color choice for the flower to the left of the peacock.  The wool is two shades of plum mauve and at first nothing seemed to work.  Finally I took citrus colored Trezibond, chartreuse perle cotton and emerald green Dazzle and it all fell into place.  I used emerald green seed beads down the center of the inner petals and coral French knots own the center of the outer petals.  Today I hope to finish the stem embroidery and go shopping for the outer border fabric.

image

image

image

image

image

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s