Last night I was able to finish embroidering the different stems and woven berry circles onto the branches. The last bit of beading that I added was tiny black seed beads around the bottom tail feather. So today I will begin auditioning different border fabrics and treatments and draw out the cherry blossom branch. I have a couple of ideas on how I want to make each blossom so I will sew a few different ones and see which I like best. I have decided to enter this into Maine Quilts this year so I need to get cracking and get this completed.
The blue marks you see are my markings for the base of each woven circle that will wash out with a spritz of water.