Borders

Last night I worked on stitching the applique pieces.  Almost finished.  All the stems had to have a couch stitch because they are 1/8″ wide.  Took quite a bit of time to get them done.  I used some of my new South African hand dyed threads.  They are so wonderful to work with.   This morning I started work on the borders.  Decided on 1″ HST using Japanese wovens.  I starched the wovens before cutting and stitching.  Figured out the layout and will stitch together tomorrow.   Tonight I will finish the appliqué.

image

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s